Friday, June 8, 2007

Sense of humor

A while back, we read a joke in an issue of Your Big Backyard magazine:


How does a tree count? One, two, tree, four...


Cute little joke, right? I figured the girls would get it, even at their young age. But that may have been a faulty assumption, because ever since, they've taken it upon themselves to make up their own jokes, resulting in gems such as the following from breakfast this morning:

How many hot dogs can a dragonfly eat? One million! (giggle, giggle)

How many bowls of yogurt can a dragon eat? One million and one! (uncontrollable giggles)

How many cakes can a dog eat? One million and one hundred! (hysterical laughter)

And I could keep going all day with the examples, folks. I, of course, have to at least pretend to laugh at their jokes, nonsensical as they are, but what really cracks me up is their escalating laughter as they keep tossing out new "jokes". The girls are certainly honing their comedic skills, although I don't think they're quite ready for the comedy club circuit.

No comments: