I was clearing out some weeds and brush from the corner of our yard after dinner. Underneath all the brush was a little vine growing up the side of the house. "Hm," I thought. "That's never been there before," and I promptly yanked it out. It was stubborn, but I think I finally got most of it. Upon closer inspection of said vine, I got a little concerned. The leaves had a familiar shape to them. I went into the house and asked my husband to please Google "poison ivy".
When the images started coming up, I got a little more concerned. Actually, I believe my exact phrasing was, "Oh, s#%t." I asked hubby to come out and look at the plant. His attitude was basically, "I dunno, but yeah. . . could be." I had him take pictures of it. So now I present to you the Potential Poison Ivy Plant.

Anybody have any experience with this stuff? The last time I remember learning anything about poison ivy was in Girl Scouts, and the last time I was a Girl Scout was about 15 years ago.
I was wearing gardening gloves, and it's not like I was rolling around in the plants or anything, but still. I took a hot shower and two Benadryl when I got in the house, just in case. I guess I'll know for sure in a few hours. To pass the time, I'll be surfing Yahoo! Images, obsessively comparing my picture to all the other ones I find. At least until the Benadryl knocks me out cold.




1 comment:
I hope you scrubbed real well. I was a camp counselor for two years in college and that looks like the real deal to me. Make sure you wash the gloves you were wearing, too.
Nina
Post a Comment