Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I am home

So it's 10:19 AM and I am home. I was planning to take a half day today because the girls have their school concert this afternoon, but when I got to school they had gotten me a sub for the whole day, so I thought about it for a few minutes and then said to myself, okay...might as well take advantage of it!

Happy April 1st! I am officially the worst blogger I know. I said I was going to be better about posting more regularly, and here we are and it's been since January 29th that I posted. Actually I haven't been reading any of the blogs I used to keep up with either, so it's not just the posting.

Let's see...what has been going on?

My teaching job is possibly on the line, depending on how many teachers my school district has to cut because of budget issues. Honestly, I wouldn't be all that sad if they had to lay me off. The only glitch to that would be finding another teaching job, because all the school districts around here are in the same boat. Right now nobody's hiring. I would still love to find something I could do from home, so if you have any ideas, send them my way!

My ex-husband and his fiance have been making life difficult when it comes to custody and visitation issues. (Like I need more stress in my life when I'm pregnant. I actually wonder if they are doing this on purpose because they know I'm already under a lot of stress.) It's such a long story but suffice it to say that a year ago, my ex, my husband and I were friends. We got along and we could all spend time with the girls together; and then the ex got engaged, the fiance started telling him what to do with our kids and how to do it, he lets her get away with it, and I don't see us being able to be friends ever again. We are currently meeting with someone from district court services to try to mediate the situation, but I don't know how that's going to turn out, especially since he keeps threatening to get a lawyer and take me to court (her idea, according to him). I think it's pretty sad that he'd rather spend many thousands of dollars to let a couple of lawyers decide what's best for our kids instead of trying to work it out with me through a mediator. My only consolation is that as the girls get older, they will see what kind of person he has become and what kind of person his fiance is. They're smart girls--they can draw their own conclusions from those observations.

I am 36 weeks pregnant today. I had my girls at 36 weeks and 1 day, so it will be interesting to see how much longer I go with this one. I have been having lots of contractions: some just those annoying Braxton-Hicks ones, some kinda painful ones. At my doctor's appointment on Monday I was dilated to 1 cm and baby was head down. I am so ready for this baby to be born, but I suppose it's better for the baby's health to wait a little longer, so I'll just sit here and not be very patient about it.

Random thought: I love Facebook. I had a Myspace page but then I was introduced to Facebook and it's much more fun. I am enjoying reconnecting with people from high school and other areas of my life.

At this rate it will probably be July before I post here again, although I will try very hard to get back before then. Enjoy spring!

No comments: